Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Coolest Fabrics!

I was looking for fabrics today, and I have to say, the coolest fabrics I've seen have been by Alexander Henry! It's just so awesome it makes me want to order yard after yard of crazy colours!

I mean, how cool is this! I'd so love to make something out of this for either me or my favourite girlfriend. How cool would that be. A small make up bag or pencil case or something fun like that with these handsome men on top. It would be so fun to have something with this or give away something to friends! Imagine to looks we'd get during lunch break if we had these men on our purse! I found this on ahfabric.com. Everyone should go there and have a look at all the awesome that is Alexander Henry.


Now, here is a piece of fabric I have mentioned before. But guess what, I still want it! I'd want to make a bag of it, maybe even a pillow case for my sofa cushions, or something really proper like that. Not only would it look good on a cousin, it'd also look good if I made a cool bag and somehow put a leather belt with nails around it. (At least you can't blame for lacking inspiration.) This, too, is from Alexander Henry, and I found it over at Cias Palette.


And, again I found a fabric by Alexander Henry that I like. I swear, I am the kind of girl with a favourite fabric designer, and I am not ashamed of the fact! But look at the nice colours and the crazy imagery here! Isn't it just lovely! I found this one over at the Sew Mama Sew Shop! They have so many pretty fabrics, and I also love their blog. A lot. You should go there! It's inspirational and filled with useful links for us who are beginner sewers! (And I imagine it can be useful for those who are further along with their sewing, too! Take a look at it!)


Browsing through Cia's Palette, I found another fabric I really liked. It's just so fun and looks kinda old fashioned. (Keep in mind, to me anything older than ten years would go under this category.) How cool would it be to sew something for a little boy with this (it comes in multiple colours)? Or even for a brother, dad, boyfriend or even a cool chick? I really like it. It makes me think retro! It's from the Etsuko Furuya Echino Collection, and this is what we'd call ftw in netspeak language. Because it really is For The Win!

And, speaking of the Etsuko Furuya Echino Collection, here is another one of theirs. This too is from Cia's Palette. I think it looks really cool, but I'm not sure what I'd use it for. It would probably look really good in a quilt (a quilt for the boy room, anyone?), but I am not really so much into quilting, so I'll leave this one for someone else. It's really cool with the various stripes, dots and AEROPLANES it has going, though! This too could look awesome on bags and such. Or even on a crazy dress or something. Or a pillowcase. (Yes, I like simple projects! Because they are simple!)


Oh, and again with the Alexander Henry! I think they are trying to make me spend all my money on ordering stuff from thm or something! But look at these colours! I love the shapes, the colours, the contrasts, everything! It's just so bright and cheerful and lacking symmetry and I really do love it! Imagine all the things I could make with something so colourful and eye-catching!


Oh, and while we're discussing fabrics and the awesomeness of Alexander Henry and all that, isn't this just the cutest thing you've ever seen? I know I love it. It makes me want to know a kid just to make something for them out of this. (Well, it's not that bad, but it really is very cute!)

0 comments: